The Life-Changing Magic

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

I finished reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and I now understand what all the hype is about and I also have to say that this book has influenced me greatly. I've already started implementing some of the techniques I've learned from it and they have improved my home and my life.

Some of my favorite points:

- I think what The Life-Changing Magic teaches you is respect - respect towards yourself, your life, your home and your possessions. In a very subtle way it teaches you mindfulness also. That is why it is so powerful.

- My favorite part is when the author, Marie Kondo, describes her typical actions when she gets home from work. For example, she empties her bag completely - just this one step is so lovely and already sets you up for a more organized, calm morning the next day.

- It is important to put your space in order first. Sometimes I get irritated or upset when my husband does not put things back, however, that irritation comes mostly from being unsatisfied with my own mess. Once your personal space is tidy, you will not be grumpy like that.

- The folding technique is indeed very useful and space saving. I've already tried it with my undies and, somehow, they take 1/5th of space they were occupying before.

- The mess creates certain energy that holds you from seeing things clearly in your life. Once your environment is tidy, you are open to new ideas and can make better decisions when it comes to what is right for you.

So, if messy life is an issue for you, I highly recommend reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment