Meditation Mat aka Orthopedic Dog Bed



I was missing the pup today while at work so asked my husband to text me her photo since he was working from home. He sent the above.

She spends a lot of time on this new dog bed that I got for her recently. It must feel comfortable. The label says that it is made out memory foam and that it helps relieve pressure. (BTW, I got it at the discount store T.J. Maxx on 6th Avenue where dog beds are so much cheaper compared to regular pet stores and selection seems to be changing constantly).

Also, I've been trying to follow the Vipassana retreat recommendation of meditating for two hours every day - one hour in the morning and one in the evening. After the retreat, meditating for an hour is not a problem for me in any way, quite the opposite. I also don't change the posture for the entire hour which is not strictly necessary but I am able to do it. The last 10-15 minutes your body starts sending signals that maybe it's been in the same position for too long - usually I experience a feeling of pressure in my legs that grows in intensity. It is a not a negative thing and one is encouraged to explore the uncomfortable sensations and sit through them if possible, but as a test, I tried meditating on the new dog bed and it is pretty amazing - it does relieve pressure. I barely feel any discomfort for the entire hour! So now, my dog and I are competing for this bed. I guess another trip to T.J. Maxx is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment