What Do Vegans Eat? (Thai Edition)

Thai Curry

When people find out that I am vegan, they often have lots of questions. One of the most common ones is "So, what do you eat?'" My Russian relatives also ask me that a lot. :)

Here is an easy dish that is pretty common in our repertoire. We had a Thai friend stay over some time ago and I watched her make Thai curry and ever since I like to make it too.

You would need the ingredients above (I use 1/2 block of tofu, half of the green beans package, one red pepper and 1 cup of brown rice), plus about 1/4 onion (if yours is big), some garlic (1 clove works for me) and a curry spice mixture of your choice (I add about 1 tablespoon, usually). And maybe some coconut oil. Cook some rice. While it is cooking, sauté garlic in coconut oil, then add the onion and sauté that too, then add your chopped red pepper/tofu/green beans and coconut milk, add the curry mixture and stir. Cook for about half an hour on medium heat. Add salt to taste. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment