Woodstock 2016

Here are some photos from our September trip to Woodstock.

Woodstock

We rented the same house as last year. Our piglet was so happy to spend time in the yard, but she is not a big fan of posing for pictures.

Woodstock

We got one decent photo eventually! :)

Woodstock

We did lots of hiking. This post is so informative. :) On another hike, I learned from a sign that the “three sisters” that Native Americans grew in the valleys in this area were corn, beans, and squash. Yum! Also, they used fire to clear the woods to encourage the growth of oaks (!), chestnuts, blueberries, and strawberries. I never knew that acorns can be food - they made flour out of them.

Woodstock

One trail that goes up the mountain leads to an abandoned hotel. After fifteen minutes on this trail, I was ready to give up - so not used walking up the hill. :) But now, I want to come back again.

Woodstock

I thought it was a lizard but hubby said that it is a salamander. They can't move fast, like lizards. How cool! I've never seen one before.

Woodstock

Wild beauty - so lovely! And we kept walking by some plant that had such an amazing fragrance. I wonder what it was.

Woodstock

Back in town we dined alfresco at the Garden Cafe - our favorite vegan restaurant in Woodstock.

Woodstock



And came back there one more time for brunch on a rainy afternoon before heading back to the city. I took these photos as a note to self regarding decorating with similar shape mirror. So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment