Kick It Up a Notch

This week I learned about a piece of music that in a study "resulted in a striking 65 percent reduction in participants' overall anxiety, and a 35 percent reduction in their usual physiological resting rates".


I've been testing it on myself and it really works for me - it relaxes me and my breathing becomes smooth and effortless. If you try it, please let me know if it does anything for you.

I also have an idea to do the following - listen to "Weightless" and follow that by meditation. Normally, it takes me about 15 minutes to get my mind to settle - sometimes it takes less time, sometimes, it seems impossible. But, if this song settles my mind, I think it might help me get into meditative state much easier.

I also want to mention the actual video - I did not watch it right away, as I was too busy relaxing, but I found it quite beautiful. It gives me the sense of wonder and awe and makes me think of parallel universe beings just enjoying being and interacting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment