A Raid on Muji

Muji sheets

Feeling good this weekend because I have finally "konmaried" the bedding situation. Said good bye to a bunch of sad looking pillow cases and figured out what needs to be added.

What pushed me to do this was the sale at Muji - 20% off bedding (until August 13)! Love their minimal gray cotton bedding (they call that color "brown") and figured that this is the right time to do the inventory and make the purchases. Also, usually, Muji stores are always out of the sizes I need but this time they had everything - a miracle. So, 8 pillow cases, 2 fitted sheets and duvet cover later, I am very happy and the crispy new sheets feel so nice!

Also love the following about these purchases:
  • around $50 for a Queen size duvet cover - not bad! Usually these things are expensive
  • duvet cover has a zipper - this is interesting; we'll see how it goes but I am certainly not a fan of unbuttoning and buttoning these when doing laundry
  • no horrible plastic envelope or any kind of packaging for these, except for the labels
  • happen to be organic
  • no need to buy the whole set and being stuck with flat sheets; I haven't used those in years - an article in GQ opened my eyes to their utter uselessness
I bought a lot of pillow cases because we tend to destroy them. Someone, let's not name names, must be using some kind of product that leaves bleached spots on the pillows and towels and someone tends to drool in his sleep. That same someone sleeps so aggressively that he tends to partially take the case off the pillow - my solution for this is putting two cases on with openings to opposite sides. #wifeproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment